Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Petition to Cigar Manufacturers
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:I agree Doc, good luck. We also need more information on bands..
Jimmie, I forgot to mention this in my email but some companies to put a certain amount of information on their bands: Davidoff, for example...

[Image: davidoff_MB.jpg?disposition=download]

It seems there is enough room to also put the length and ring gauge just under the cigar name (in this case Piramides).

Then we have the Master BLends by Oliva. The first two releases gave the year of release and the total number of cigars produced.

[Image: oliva_MB2.jpg?disposition=download]

Or you have the Avalon Numbers Series whose names also are their ring gauges:

[Image: Avalon-Numbers-38.jpg?disposition=download]

--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Or, wouldn't it be cool if a serial number could act like a bar code and you could read it with an application in your iPhone or Blackberry and it would give you the whole sh$t load of information?!

[Image: CAO_vision.jpg?disposition=download]
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
If they are good I smoke em.   And I count on Doc for the specifics and little things.   Thanks for being you Doc.
I agree with you 100% Doc.

Would be great to have box dates on boxes, harvest dates of the tobacco, roller's name, farm where the tobacco came from...

This is info will only give us a better idea on what were smoking.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
US_Tank Wrote:If they are good I smoke em.
I love it! This is my new Mantra... [smokin]

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Thanks for the information Doc.

Much appreciated.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Great idea David, I have been wanting to learn more also and was thinking about cigar industry newsletters,insider stuff. Can you recommend any? [thumbsup][rob]
Bluesman455 Wrote:Great idea David, I have been wanting to learn more also and was thinking about cigar industry newsletters,insider stuff. Can you recommend any? [thumbsup][rob]
Don,

Cigar Report Daily is pretty good: http://www.cigarreportdaily.com/

Also, the Cigar Insider (Subscription based $)
Stogie Fresh News: eNewsletter (Subscription based: free): Sign up box at the bottom of the page.
SFNews Back issues online
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Dr. Stogie Fresh Wrote:
Bluesman455 Wrote:Great idea David, I have been wanting to learn more also and was thinking about cigar industry newsletters,insider stuff. Can you recommend any? [thumbsup][rob]
Don,

Cigar Report Daily is pretty good: http://www.cigarreportdaily.com/

Also, the Cigar Insider (Subscription based $)
Stogie Fresh News: eNewsletter (Subscription based: free): Sign up box at the bottom of the page.
SFNews Back issues online

Thanks, I knew about Cigar Insider,last I checked a subscription was around $75.Confusedhock:Big Grin
Thanks for everything you are doing for the community Doc! I think this Idea would be awesome.