Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A $750 Gurkha?
Overpriced at $7.50...
Mark71GTX Wrote:Overpriced at $7.50...
What he said.
admin Wrote:crazy.   Gurkha is not a bad cigar, but the price!!??   I mean really, $750 a cigar?!?    If I were to invest in that, I would just buy a bottle of Louis XIII Cognac for $1300[size=2] and a box of Padron 64 or Ashton VSG's and still be ahead (and a better smoke) IMHO.[/size]
I think that they may have finished off a Bottle when they came up with the price of the stick. The $750 price is so that they can buy more Louis XIII. Two sticks will purchase a botttle and a box of pretty good cigars (non gurkha).
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

The auction closed at $206 for the 1 cigar. What a retard.

That guy overpaid by $205
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:The auction closed at $206 for the 1 cigar. What a retard.

[lol]
MikeD Wrote:The auction closed at $206 for the 1 cigar. What a retard.

Folks have many different motivations for paying outrageous prices at auction, even on line auctions. Like once I was at a farm sale and a woman paid $17 apiece for cattle panels (about 20 of em) that were all rusted and bent. Unable to restrain myself I said " Ma'am, you can buy those at TSC brand new for the same price". She looked me and said simply,"I want these." Just had to win that bid? Money to burn? Who can say? Go figure.

skeege [rob]
I still wonder sometimes if its actually a real person bidding on some of those auctions, or an internal shill bid to drive up the price.    I know thats a loaded comment and deep subject, but it happens on eBay all the time from sellers friends or seconday ebay accounts.   Nobody regulates Cbid because they are the only seller....  :?     You have to wonder when you see stuff like that.
admin Wrote:I still wonder sometimes if its actually a real person bidding on some of those auctions, or an internal shill bid to drive up the price.    I know thats a loaded comment and deep subject, but it happens on eBay all the time from sellers friends or seconday ebay accounts.   Nobody regulates Cbid because they are the only seller....  :?     You have to wonder when you see stuff like that.
Quite right , around here we call those folks by-bidders, and they are a problem at any auction, especially the sale barns.. But they don't hold a gun to you and make you pay more than an animal's worth. You pay what you are willing and able to pay. Same holds true for cigars or any other item.

skeege [rob]