Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/11
[usa] in solemn memory of those who havelost their lives in service to this Country. Had it not been for this thread on Stogie Chat, I am ashamed to say, it may have just been another day at work for me.
g u s
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
[usa]  Everyone have a moment of silence today to remember.    
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!

Jimmie and I have been at the World Trade Center site the past few days.  Jimmie and Skipper have both enlightened me to lot's of happenings that day.  I will post pictures. 

Last night in Middletown, NJ Jimmie drove me by a memorial in a little park by the neighborhood train station.  36 people from Middletown lost their lives that day.  There is a permanent memorial set up and each fallen comrade has a plaque in memory of them.   Big ceremony going on there as well today!
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
ColbyPants Wrote:A year old thread, but just as important today as when I started it.  Bump.

Thank You!  [usa]

Lest we forget....
Always remember.....never forget [usa]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
ColbyPants Wrote:A year old thread, but just as important today as when I started it.  Bump.

Thank You!  [usa]

Lest we forget....
Always remember.....never forget [usa]
+1

Over the years I have been able to visit each site. The towers site left me with a shocked expression, of course.  PA was solemn and the Pentagon was quite.  I visited the Pentagon on a weekend when it was empty.  The only marker at the site in the hall ways was a plain white poster about 16x20, that diagramed the path of the plane and where peoples desks/offices were.  Also it indicated who was at their desk or away at the time of occurance.

I won't forget.

Tears still and will probably always roll down my cheeks on this day. 

A sad day indeed.

Skipper and I experienced this first hand (although I flew to London the very night before). We lost many friends and many of our friends lost friends.

It's a day we will never never forget..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
[user=569]Jimmie the Mum[/user] wrote:
Quote:Tears still and will probably always roll down my cheeks on this day. 

A sad day indeed.

As I sit here this very moment, I'm teary eyed.  It’s as if it happened yesterday for me...I was a cop in the Air Force at the time and life as I had known it would never be the same.  It was NOT a good time for the following 3 months...I know I may be personalizing this and I apologize if this offends anyone.

Thankfully, I am still in the USAF but I am no longer a cop. 

PAUL R BOGUMIL

TSgt, USAF

[usa]
A few years back I tried to start a tradition at my house.  I got a bunch of friends together, and had a bbq.  We talked amongst ourselves about what happened, and where we were.  Then I lit a candle under the flag, and we all had a moment of silence.  Being all the way across the country, I cant imagine how it felt to be there.  But it was devastating none the less.

I wanted it to be an annual get together, but then I started working nights.  Well, I had the evening off tonight, so I did it again.  I am glad.

My flag is flying proud today.

9/11 is a terrible thing to remember, but it is an even worse thing to forget.
I like smoking lightning
carl609 Wrote:A few years back I tried to start a tradition at my house.  I got a bunch of friends together, and had a bbq.  We talked amongst ourselves about what happened, and where we were.  Then I lit a candle under the flag, and we all had a moment of silence.  Being all the way across the country, I cant imagine how it felt to be there.  But it was devastating none the less.

I wanted it to be an annual get together, but then I started working nights.  Well, I had the evening off tonight, so I did it again.  I am glad.

My flag is flying proud today.

9/11 is a terrible thing to remember, but it is an even worse thing to forget.
what an awesome idea, carl. good for you. I enjoyed reading this thread and am feeling very blessed and very proud. [usa]
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com