Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8700 DOW or the Great Depression part II
Where were you Nov 17th  of 200 fricken 3  when the dow hit 9738 as it did today. I sure hope the bottom doesn't fall out before the close.

Our adm sure has screwed the pooches "us" this time. I'm still in shock and will have more to say later. I sure wish we had a leader to choose from in this election.

Who voted for Bush anyway?  Never mind, I really don't want to know.

Investors around the world have come to the sobering realization that the Moron's  $700 billion rescue plan won't work quickly to unfreeze the credit markets and maybe not at all. Global banks, hobbled by wrong-way bets on mortgage securities, still remain starved for cash as credit has dried up.

The best thing for us if you have saved any cigar money is that the Euro has dropped much more today to 1.35 and they say it will plummet.  Treat yourself cause it's gonna get ugly.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:Where were you Nov 17th  of 200 fricken 3  when the dow hit 9738 as it did today. I sure hope the bottom doesn't fall out before the close.

Our adm sure has screwed the pooches "us" this time. I'm still in shock and will have more to say later. I sure wish we had a leader to choose from in this election.

Who voted for Bush anyway?  Never mind, I really don't want to know.

Investors around the world have come to the sobering realization that the Moron's  $700 billion rescue plan won't work quickly to unfreeze the credit markets and maybe not at all. Global banks, hobbled by wrong-way bets on mortgage securities, still remain starved for cash as credit has dried up.

The best thing for us if you have saved any cigar money is that the Euro has dropped much more today to 1.35 and they say it will plummet.  Treat yourself cause it's gonna get ugly.

I actually remember it hitting 7300 three times in eighteen months during the 2002/2003 time period...I wouldn't be surprised to see mid-800s again.

Well, our admin just keeps FN up the market don't they. [curse]Down 680 today @ 8580. They just can't stop the bleeding. I just turn on the TV and the futures are down another FN 300 to 8200. July of 98.     This is 9 days of tripple loss. Hold on to your asses. Now I'm MORE skeeeered than before. DAMN you W and all your buddies, way to go. GM at 4.75 and Ford @ 2.00. GM was at this price 59 years ago, 59 years. I just can't speak anymore.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Ditto Uncle T. It's a sad sad day. I'm not drinking because If I do I might not stop.  
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I don't even want to think about what my 401k looks like.[curse]
fishhound Wrote:I don't even want to think about what my 401k looks like.[curse]
Well, at least you have one....
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
fishhound Wrote:I don't even want to think about what my 401k looks like.[curse]
Don't look Fish. It's not good to your health.
i looked at mine, and holy cow. i wouldn't recommend that to anyone.
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Well, at least you have one....
Not anymore..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Riofan Wrote:
Don't look Fish. It's not good to your health.
HAHA...  Just because you close your eyes, doesn't mean it's not there.  UnfortunatelySad  Just a few months ago Sandi and I were bragging about how much we had put in our 401k plans...at 35 now, by the time we NEED it, we will be fine, we said.....[baby]  Time to start over I guess..... SHoulda pulled it out at 5% and BOUGHT SOMETHING COOL!!!!