Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
809 or 829 Cigar?
In the past, I've ordered 809 maduro torpedo's from Thompsons and enjoyed them greatly... especially since they're so economical. Looking through their latest catalog, it seems the 809 has been re-designated "829". Are they the same cigar? If not, does anyone know the difference?

Thanks in advance.
(07-12-2012, 11:37 AM)QuanLoi Wrote: In the past, I've ordered 809 maduro torpedo's from Thompsons and enjoyed them greatly... especially since they're so economical. Looking through their latest catalog, it seems the 809 has been re-designated "829". Are they the same cigar? If not, does anyone know the difference?

Thanks in advance.
Most of us had bad experiences with Thompsons and don't use them. What kind of characteristic does the 809 have?
Never heard of these
Gangsta
(07-13-2012, 01:31 AM)tarheel7734 Wrote:
(07-12-2012, 11:37 AM)QuanLoi Wrote: In the past, I've ordered 809 maduro torpedo's from Thompsons and enjoyed them greatly... especially since they're so economical. Looking through their latest catalog, it seems the 809 has been re-designated "829". Are they the same cigar? If not, does anyone know the difference?

Thanks in advance.
Most of us had bad experiences with Thompsons and don't use them. What kind of characteristic does the 809 have?

Well, here's the deal... they taste good. To me, at least. I must say, I'm not too good at breaking down the taste of a cigar into it's perceived components. I tend to treat cigars like I treat wine: If it tastes good to me, I'll buy it. I've had some pretty ritzy cigars (including Havanas) that I wasn't too wild about... and some cheapo's that I liked. (I think the 809's fall into the latter category).

What is it about Thompsons that's problematic?

Decker
Thompsons sales force suck, basically telemarketers
Gangsta