Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd cigar smoked
All of that is from a bomb, I am not kidding. I am one lucky somebody.
Audiophile, gearhead, geek, & pinhead all rolled into one, who'da thunk it
(08-20-2010, 09:38 PM)lovenhim Wrote: All of that is from a bomb, I am not kidding. I am one lucky somebody.

wow, i think thats the biggest bomb i ever seen..someone up there must really like you..lol

i suggest going over to www.cigar.com there they have tons of single cigars with descriptions of the cigar and reviews from people who have tryed them

The trouble is now I have no idea what I have here and what is mild so I can start there and not have a bad newbie experience.
(08-20-2010, 09:43 PM)lovenhim Wrote: The trouble is now I have no idea what I have here and what is mild so I can start there and not have a bad newbie experience.

but you know thats part of the fun, not knowing what you have and experimenting with what you have..when i started out i was buying about 30 different cigars every month experimenting what i like and not like..sure you end up spending some money at first..but then you narrow it down to what you like and just end up buying boxes of those..plus ive found that when i read about a cigar and i feel like it wouldnt interest me i have been wrong and ended up liking them..so while its nice to know about the cigar before you smoke it..you can only tell so much from words..you need to actually smoke it to truly know if its your bag of tricks or not

Just a few thoughts & ideas here....

You tastes will change & develop over time as you smoke more cigars. You'll be able to taste more flavors.

Cigars age & their flavors will also change with time too. Some will age for the better, some for the worse. Also, it depends on how you like them too. Some people prefer Opus fresh, some with at least a year or 2 on them.

Post a review of each different cigar that you like. As people respond & post, you'll get an idea of who also liked that cigar. Pay attention to those that do. You might find that you have similar tastes. There are several members here that I follow what they like as I seem to like the majority of what they smoke too.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
The trouble is that I am visually impaired and it is not easy to get places to buy and try, the second is that I am on a budgeted income, so I was only planning on this "hobby" being a 1-2 cigar a week thing anyway for the enjoyment. I was not planning on having this huge collection. Then I get bombed. Smile I was going to buy "value" cigars for myself like JR Alternative for example and pay $1.50 a stogie, then all this comes in the mail. Smile

That is a great idea about posting about what I like and following those who feel the same way. That is a great idea, thanks for that.
Wow.....That is a lot of cigars! Congratulations!
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
(08-20-2010, 09:51 PM)lovenhim Wrote: The trouble is that I am visually impaired and it is not easy to get places to buy and try, the second is that I am on a budgeted income, so I was only planning on this "hobby" being a 1-2 cigar a week thing anyway for the enjoyment. I was not planning on having this huge collection. Then I get bombed. Smile I was going to buy "value" cigars for myself like JR Alternative for example and pay $1.50 a stogie, then all this comes in the mail. Smile

That is a great idea about posting about what I like and following those who feel the same way. That is a great idea, thanks for that.

you can forget about 1-2 a week..lol i said the same thing and its become 1-2 a day..i used to think a 75 count humidor was huge and more then i'll ever need..and now im shopping one of those smaller cabinet type humi's that hold around 25 boxes..

1.) That's a helluva nice bomb.

2.) Each of the cigars I saw on there seems to have a band. Google the name. Somebody sells them. Usually within the product description it describes the cigar as mild, medium, full-bodied, etc. Among the results should also be reviews of quite a few of them. Although I've found one person's determination of whether a cigar is medium or full will differ from another's, usually if a cigar is described as mild it's mild.

3.) Sorry to hear about the H. Upmann. The Chairman's Reserve is usually considered a pretty darn fine cigar. I recently smoked a plain old H. Upmann 1844 that I had aged for a little over a year and it was very tasty indeed.

Jimmie asked about a humidor...I didn't see a reply on this but I certainly hope you have one or those cigars are all in danger of being ruined. Unravelling like that on a premium cigar is often a sign that it is dried out.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]