Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Mum's Sauce
Looks good as usual Jim. WTF is Uncle Angelo? You CAN'T make gravy without Uncle Angelo! I hope he's doing OK.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(09-05-2012, 12:53 PM)tafdom Wrote: Looks good as usual Jim. WTF is Uncle Angelo? You CAN'T make gravy without Uncle Angelo! I hope he's doing OK.

T, thank you for asking and remembering the great pepper king.
That's why I've been scarce lately or at the hospital all the time.

We are trying to bring him home and making him comfortable. He will not see another planting season.Sad
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(09-05-2012, 02:09 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 12:53 PM)tafdom Wrote: Looks good as usual Jim. WTF is Uncle Angelo? You CAN'T make gravy without Uncle Angelo! I hope he's doing OK.

T, thank you for asking and remembering the great pepper king.
That's why I've been scarce lately or at the hospital all the time.

We are trying to bring him home and making him comfortable. He will not see another planting season.Sad

Jeez Jimmie sorry to hear this.
--Mike
(09-03-2012, 06:15 PM)Tonto Wrote: Looks good Jimmie!

How about doing a thread on how to prepare the jars and seal them?

Not difficult Jan.
First you fill the jars and pot with water. Bring to a boil. Take the lids and boil them in a separate small pot.
When you take a jar out (with the jar holder) pour that water in an empty jar and put that jar in the pot. The pot holds 7 jars and you keep rotating them.

Fill the jar you just took out with the sauce and a basil leaf or two. Wipe the top of the jar, put the lid on and screw the top on it. I screw the top just to keep the lid in place. After an hour or two you will hear the lid pop down which means the jar is now sealed.
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Another year and and another jarring season. Soon the 2013 pics will occur in another thread.Smile
Honorary Shield Brother
Great another thread about your sauce...
--Mike
(09-04-2013, 11:05 AM)wtfdic Wrote: Great another thread about your sauce...

Isn't there already another thread going on about this?

Never mind, that thread is about Dave's sauce... Wink
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.