Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2009 hot peppers
ktee Wrote:Jimmie, those peppers look fantastic, does your uncle know he is an internet star with all his pictures and cooking methods Confusedhock:

When you say spicy peppers, are those like a jalapeno or hotter?  Must be a challenge being Italian with those great looking eats, thanks for sharing some very nice detailed instructions on fantabulous eats [thumbsup] 

If you ever have to much and don't want anything to spoil please keep us in mind, you have our address Cool

Keith, they are mainly the hot cherry peppers but then I mixed them with a bunch of home grown peppers which are very very spicy. There are some jalapenos in there but theres also hotter ones like habaneros, cayenne, pasilla, rocitillo & chille peppers etc. Big Grin

It's tough to ship them with / in the mixture, it's not only expensive becuase of the weight, (PO's shipment cost me close to $20.00) but I haven't perfected  keeping them from leaking. I have a few thoughts on that and we've see what happens..

Some dry ones went out this week to a SC member..Big Grin
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
ktee Wrote:Jimmie, those peppers look fantastic, does your uncle know he is an internet star with all his pictures and cooking methods Confusedhock:

When you say spicy peppers, are those like a jalapeno or hotter?  Must be a challenge being Italian with those great looking eats, thanks for sharing some very nice detailed instructions on fantabulous eats [thumbsup] 

If you ever have to much and don't want anything to spoil please keep us in mind, you have our address Cool

Keith, they are mainly the hot cherry peppers but then I mixed them with a bunch of home grown peppers which are very very spicy. There are some jalapenos in there but theres also hotter ones like habaneros, cayenne, pasilla, rocitillo & chille peppers etc. Big Grin

It's tough to ship them with / in the mixture, it's not only expensive becuase of the weight, (PO's shipment cost me close to $20.00) but I haven't perfected  keeping them from leaking. I have a few thoughts on that and we've see what happens..

Some dry ones went out this week to a SC member..Big Grin

Thanks Jimmie and understand your challenge.  Shipping full jars would certainly be the toughest way to ship and know what you mean about cost, I just shipped Stogiedad1 his box and that was over $20 plus box and other costs but was well worth it. 

Have you thought about vacuum packing just the raw ingredients?  I would buy those from you and then jar them here with your receipe that you outlined very well.  If this works for you please let me know and we can go from here. 

Spicy is good and those peppers look very, very good!
Awesome stuff Jimmy

I need to get my ass out to your house and munch on some awesome food.... as you know, I can eat ALOT Big Grin
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
Stands and Looks Back Wrote:Awesome stuff Jimmy

I need to get my ass out to your house and munch on some awesome food.... as you know, I can eat ALOT Big Grin
That's for sure!

Even if it is sitting in a hotel hallway!!!   [police]

Hey Jimmy

I have a small greenhouse and just got 25 of the sweet cherry pepper plants going. I am going to give a few to a friend of mine but after you made this post I bought a jar of them in the store and decided I have to have some of these. I plan to use your recipe when they are ready. Thanks! I will also post a few pics when the plants get a bit larger.

ohman11 Wrote:Hey Jimmy

I have a small greenhouse and just got 25 of the sweet cherry pepper plants going. I am going to give a few to a friend of mine but after you made this post I bought a jar of them in the store and decided I have to have some of these. I plan to use your recipe when they are ready. Thanks! I will also post a few pics when the plants get a bit larger.

Ohman, you can also pick up a few jalapenos, habaneros, cayenne, pasilla, rocitillo & chille peppers etc.  and just jar them or grow some or buy some when the cherry peppers are ready and mix them in.

One inportant thing, the first few weeks you need to check the jars and add more mixture as the peppers soak up the vinegar & water.

For instance I just added some mixture this past week. That should be my last addition and they will be ready soon..

Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:

Ohman, you can also pick up a few jalapenos, habaneros, cayenne, pasilla, rocitillo & chille peppers etc.  and just jar them or grow some or buy some when the cherry peppers are ready and mix them in.

One inportant thing, the first few weeks you need to check the jars and add more mixture as the peppers soak up the vinegar & water.

[color="red"]For instance I just added some mixture this past week. That should be my last addition and they will be ready soon..[/color]
Just in time for our P-cola herf..."hint" "hint"Tongue
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
MMMMMM, let me see what I can do Matt. Think security will let me thru.
Honorary Shield Brother
(12-04-2009, 09:07 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:

For instance I just added some mixture this past week. That should be my last addition and they will be ready soon..

Jimmy I grow both jalapenos, habaneros so I always have these around. I have been interested in hydroponics for quite some time so I took the plunge and bought some equipment and plan on trying the sweet cherry peppers in it. I will let you know how it goes.
Sounds good!!
Honorary Shield Brother