Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$20+ cigars worth the price?
after looking thru the show your humidor thread i have noticed alot of you guys have some $20+ cigars and i was wondering if you felt they are worth the price tag? knowing how many great sticks you can get for $20 but still knowing the old age saying its quality not quantity..but anyways..would you guys say that those cigars are worth spending that much money on?

absolute smoking bliss for a special occasion

[Image: DSC00296.jpg?t=1237314630]

in both Nat. and Maduro [thumbsup]

Good call on that one, Steve. [thumbsup]

Absolutely stellar, those Padron 80ths. Amazing cigar.

The GOF is in the $20 range, the Anejo Shark set me back $16 each here, Opus X when I can find them from about $12 to $16, theTatuaje Black retailed at $14, San Cristobal Fabulosa is about $10.

They're ALL worth it. Unlike some others in that price range . . . *cough* Gurkha! *ahem* . . . not as an everyday smoke, but only because I'm a schoolteacher, not a CEO. Definitely worth it.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
+1, the Padron 80th are amazing. At least try one.  you'll be saving your dollars for the next one and furiously shopping online for the best prices, (that what i did)

You guys really thought the 80th was that good?  I had two boxes, smoked a few and gave the rest of the first box away.  I still have one box sitting in the humi that I was thinking of letting go.  Maybe I should give it another try.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Good call on that one, Steve. [thumbsup]

Absolutely stellar, those Padron 80ths. Amazing cigar.

The GOF is in the $20 range, the Anejo Shark set me back $16 each here, Opus X when I can find them from about $12 to $16, theTatuaje Black retailed at $14, San Cristobal Fabulosa is about $10.

They're ALL worth it. Unlike some others in that price range . . . *cough* Gurkha! *ahem* . . . not as an everyday smoke, but only because I'm a schoolteacher, not a CEO. Definitely worth it.

NANP™
[cigar]
the gurkha grand enovy is a great cigar..you should pick a few up..cigar international sells them for $8 each but they also have a section called gurkha 5 pack madness and you can pick up a 5 of them for only $20

Never had the Padron, but I've had a few Opus, and a Shark that I would buy again....

I don't "stock" either of them, simply because I cannot afford more than one of them at a time...lol, but I have an Opus I've been hanging on to for a while.
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
It is all relative.  A $20 cigar for some of us is nothing, for others it is something that is just not realistic.  Personally, there are very few cigars that I would personally pay $20 for. I would smoke any of them if they were handed to me however.
ashman Wrote:It is all relative.  A $20 cigar for some of us is nothing, for others it is something that is just not realistic.  Personally, there are very few cigars that I would personally pay $20 for. I would smoke any of them if they were handed to me however.
Very well put Ty.....
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Mark Wrote:You guys really thought the 80th was that good?  I had two boxes, smoked a few and gave the rest of the first box away.  I still have one box sitting in the humi that I was thinking of letting go.  Maybe I should give it another try.

As with any cigar, it's all in what appeals to you personally.  Normally I prefer maduro over natural, but in the 80th, it's a near-tie to slight edge on the nattie.  That's probably the only Padron of which I prefer the nattie, but it's certainly there.

My very favorite $30+ cigar is the Don Carlos Anniversario...my favorite in the mid-20s is the all-new LFD Salamone.  Two totally different profiles, and like NANP, since I'm not the CEO...and if I were, I'd probably still be conscious of the budget, I tend to smoke these only on special occasions.

Great cigars can be had for less, and I personally love some $5-10 cigars, but they're not like the two aforementioned.

Try one again Mark.  If you still don't like them, PM me and we'll see what I have in the humi that you might like!Big Grin

[cigar]