Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'11 Pensacola herf
You guys were lucky you didn't leave a day earlier. That ice and snow were all through the route you took home. I had a load that would have got me by P'cola that sat, but got a call friday night from dispatch. They had a guy who needed a load to fla so he could get home, his grandmother had a heart attack so he was trying to get back there asap. So I wound up giving up that load going to Tx via SC... Sat night I hit heavy-heavy rain, wind, and hail coming across Ala & Miss. Spent the night in Jackson...

Looks like y'all had a great time. Glad ya made it safely there and back... Almost wound up back in G.I. for a day or so, but am sitting in Dodge City instead (rather be in GI...). From here to Orlando and then Jax (hopefully by the house on the way)...

Buddha, so who will you be driving for??
Need to give you my phn#...
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
I have a pre-hire and a orientation set up with TransAm. I'm just going to drive to get enough experience to try and drive locally. Either way tho, the pay is going to be better than my last job lol. I was getting 8.50/hr as a cook, and now for training as a driver I will be making more lol.

Who do you drive for aracos?
(04-01-2011, 08:47 AM)Buddha07 Wrote: I have a pre-hire and a orientation set up with TransAm. I'm just going to drive to get enough experience to try and drive locally. Either way tho, the pay is going to be better than my last job lol. I was getting 8.50/hr as a cook, and now for training as a driver I will be making more lol.

Who do you drive for aracos?

TransAm isn't a bad company... But you can just about bet on being there for a year. After you get a yr in (espc. if you stayed at one company for that yr) your ops open up enormously... But, most local type jobs require 3 or more yrs exp... If your single, don't have a house payment, and can stay out for a month or more at a time then you can make a good living at this job... But I'll warn you, a lot of people come into this industry not knowing what to expect and wind up leaving after a short while because they can't handle it... This is more than a job, it is a way of life... And not everyone can do it... Hopefully you'll be one of the ones who will make it a career... Smile

Right now I drive for Stevens Transport out of Dallas. Good company, but they have their good and bad points just as any company does... In the past I have driven for JB, Dick Simmon (who's no longer around, best co. I ever worked for), Watkins Express (team pulling dbls, most miles I ever drove in a yr), Artic Express, and Griffin Ind (local job in Atl). I've got over 9yrs and 1million miles logged... I will most likely be looking at moving to Tyson here shortly (if their offer is still good now that I moved to South Ga)... I'll pm you my phn# here shortly. Feel free to call me anytime you have a question about anything. You can also pass if along to Jason/SenorSmoke, since he changed his phn \# and hasn't seen fit to let people know his new one Cellphone
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"